The Southfield Center shares all in-house and out-of- house research with our clients in order to
equip our adults, children, families, teachers, and students with the most up-to- date research to
guide treatment, remediation, classroom decisions, and education.
Much of our research comes from “handouts” from our annual Parent Discussion Series.
Below are some “helpful links” with annotations for each.
- We are born with how many neurons?
- How much blood flows through the brain eachminute?
- Find answers to these questions, as well asother amazing facts about the brain and braindevelopment, assembled by our team ofclinicians at The Southfield Center.
- Typical Sources of Stress
- Maladaptive Responses to Stress
- Parental Guidelines for When to Seek Help
- Suggested Strategies for Parents
- Suggested Readings
- ADHD Organizations
- ADHD Online Resources
- Reading Material / Bibliography
- Recommended Videos
- Intentional Organization for Homework
- The C.A.L.M. Method
- The P.A.C.K. Method to Organize
- Top Ten Organizational Strategies
- Recommended Continued Readings
- Helping Your Child Be Organized for Schooland Beyond
- Recommended Readings
- Deciding If Your Child Is Being Bullied
- Deciding If Your Child Is a Bully
- How You Can Help
- Teaching Your Child to Stand Up to Bullies
- Effective Interventions (Involving the School)
- Recommended Continued Reading
What to Expect:
- Birth – 6 months
- 6 months – 10 months
- 10 months – 15 months
- 15 Months – 24 Months
- Year 2
- Year 3
- Years 4 – 5
- Years 5 – 8
- Current Cyberbullying Statistics
- How Kids are Cyberbullied
- Why Kids Cyberbully
- How Victims React
- How to React and Prevent Cyberbullying
- Effective Interventions with Schools
- Recommended Resources