A Sincere, Collaborative Approach to Solving Your Behavioral, Emotional, and Learning Challenges
The Southfield Center for Development is a family-centered, interdisciplinary practice dedicated to providing comprehensive evaluation and care across a wide range of ages and challenges. We offer a warm, inviting environment and a team of more than 30 skilled practitioners trained to provide an integrated approach to learning, emotional, and behavioral issues.
By having all our specialists in a single location, children and teens can receive the specific help they need, as well as benefit from collaboration among every specialist on their team. Whether it is in a group therapy setting or in individual sessions with a psychotherapist, in a tutoring session or through testing, our staff will work with you and your child to find the integrated solution best suited to the presented need.
- Adolescent and Adult Substance Abuse
- Adoption Issues
- Anger Management
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders and Related Developmental Disabilities
- Behavioral Problems of Childhood and Adolescence
- Concussion Rehabilitation
- Executive Functions Difficulties, Including Poor Organization and Time-Management Skills
- Fine and Gross Motor Delays
- Learning Disabilities / Academic Challenges
- Marital and Family Difficulties
- Nutritional Concerns
- Relationship Issues
- Sensory Integration Disorder
- Sexual Orientation Adjustment
- Social Thinking and Social Skills Challenges
- Speech and Language Delays
- Working Memory Deficits
Parents, teachers, and administrators value Southfield’s in-depth evaluations and reports. We pinpoint your child’s challenges and personal strengths and then create a clear and actionable plan.
With a wide array of therapists, we can provide the exact therapies that your child needs. Our goal is to look at the whole child—as an individual, as a student, and as a family member.
Once equipped with the right tools and a supportive network, your child gains confidence to succeed in school, at home, and with friends.
All under one roof.
Because our specialists work together, we can easily coordinate therapies. By having all clinicians in one location, we reduce the stress of traveling to multiple locations for varied services, and we assure that all clinicians on the treatment team frequently communicate about the child’s latest developments.